eStatements Frequently Asked Questions
Enrollment in eStatement is easy. To enroll you must be enrolled in ABBís eBanking. You can visit any of our Anderson Brothers Bank locations, or simply complete an online application. Once completed, you can return it to your local ABB branch or mail it to us at:
PO Box 310
Mullins, SC 29574
Once you're already an ABB eBanking customer, you are ready to enroll in eStatement. Follow these step by step instructions:
- Login to ABB eBanking.
- Click the eDocuments tab.
- Select Documents and Settings to activate eStatements.
- After reading the information and verifying your email address, enable the account(s) to enroll in eStatement by checking the box next to each account name.
- Read the disclaimer and upon agreement, check "I Agree" and click Submit.
- On the following statement day, an automated email will be delivered to your inbox. In order to receive eStatements, you must click on the link in your email that will direct you to an ABB eBanking login page.
- After logging in to ABB eBanking, your eStatement enrollment is complete.
All checking, savings and money market accounts are eligible for eStatements.
With eStatements, you will view your statements through ABB eBanking, so you will need to have a ABB eBanking ID assigned to you. If you do not already have one, simply fill out our online application.
On your statement date, you will receive an email from ABBís eBanking notifying you that your statement is ready and can be accessed by logging into ABB eBanking via the e-mail notification.
Yes, images of your canceled checks remain online for approximately 180 days and can be found in two places within ABB eBanking: Current Transactions (if it is during the current statement cycle) or View Range of Transactions (for a range of dates).